Valentine’s Day is an occasion to show others that you care by giving gifts from the heart. Many commercially-available gift ideas can cost a decent amount of money, putting people off from being able to buy the gifts they want for this special occasion. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of ways to save money on meaningful St. Valentine’s Day gifts.
1. Something to do. Most things that you and your loved one can do on St. Valentine’s Day can be relatively inexpensive.
- Rather than taking your significant other out for a night on the town, consider a quiet homemade dinner at home and a rented movie.
- Sometimes low-key St. Valentine’s Day celebrations are the most special. Listen to music, talk to one another about your dreams, and just enjoy each other’s company. Good conversation and company are free.
2. Small trinket items. Just because you can’t afford a large or extravagant gift, it doesn’t mean you can’t buy your loved one some truly meaningful small gifts. Fill a gift basket with a variety of small trinkets and items that he or she will enjoy.
- For a lady, this might be stationery, stickers, lotions, jewelry, and other items on sale. Throw in some of her favorite candies or other trinkets as well, depending on what interests her.
- For a gentleman, this might be gizmos, gadgets, tools, and so on. It won’t hurt to throw in some of his favorite treats as well!
3. Make something yourself. Draw your loved one a portrait, create your own greeting card, or make a list of everything you love about him or her. Write a poem and frame it simply. Take any ordinary thing and make it into something special by customizing it to suit you and your loved one.
- Homemade gifts help you save money, while also giving a truly meaningful gift to someone you care about.
4. Keep things simple. You should never overlook something as simple as cooking a meal at home. Pair your loved one’s favorite meal with their favorite dessert and you have an inexpensive gift that is thoughtful, meaningful, and sure to be remembered for many years to come.
5. Make it romantic. St. Valentine’s Day is all about love, so ramp up the romance! Inexpensive chocolates, strawberries, and champagne can set a loving mood for an evening of cherished memories.
Don’t be afraid to create your own gift or do something inexpensive without sacrificing fun and enjoyment. St. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be an expensive holiday – just one to be enjoyed with your loved one!